Find your MPP at https://www3.elections.on.ca/internetapp/fyed.aspx
Dear MPP (Surname),
I would like to meet with you to discuss child and youth mental health in Ontario in the context of the upcoming provincial budget.
For far too long the Ontario government has not allocated sufficient resources to meet the needs of the growing number of children and youth seeking treatment for mental illness in the community-based sector.
It's time for urgent action.
In (insert your community) there are too many kids that don’t receive the mental health treatment they need because:
Insert the biggest issues in your community, e.g.
- Wait times
- Lack of specialized treatment centres
- Difficulty retaining the highest skilled staff
As many as one in five children and youth in Ontario experience some form of mental health problem at any given time; however, five out of six of those kids do not receive the specialized treatment services they require.
It’s time for the provincial government to act:
- Ensure that no child or youth waits more than 30 days for mental health treatment.
- Expand specialized treatment centres to ensure that children and youth with the most severe mental health issues get the treatment they need.
- Retain the highest skilled staff caring for our most vulnerable children.
- Develop quality standards to deliver the best mental health services.
We urge you to work with us to make crucial changes that will save lives.
I look forward to meeting with you soon to discuss these matters further.
Your phone number and/or email address