- The contest is open to Ontario residents between the ages of 13 and 25; if you are 16 or younger, you must have your parent or guardian's consent to enter.
- You can submit as many videos as you wish, up to a maximum of one (1) entry per day, as long as each video is unique and made without professional assistance. Videos can be produced by one (1) young person or a group (more than 1) of young people. If produced by a group, only one (1) name is required on the registration form.
- Videos must be in .mpg, .wmv, .avi, .mov or .mp4 format.
- Video content: Make sure you get permission to use any locations featured in your video, and permission from any individual (or his/her parent/guardian, if the individual is a minor) who appears in your video. Please do not take part in -- or allow or encourage anyone else to take part in -- any activity that may cause harm or that is illegal.
- All videos will be screened and judged, and only those that comply with the Official Rules will be eligible for the prize. The TOP TEN videos will be uploaded to the Children's Mental Health Ontario YouTube Page.
- Videos will be disqualified if they:
* are not an original creation or have been used in association with another contest or promotion
* are illegal or promote illegal activities
* are not appropriate or in good taste
* promote or attack brand names
* use copyrighted materials or otherwise infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any party
* are defamatory, untrue, or obscene
* contain nudity, profanity or sexual innuendo
* are violent
* display illegal drug or alcohol use
* discriminate based on grounds set out in Human Rights codes or other applicable legislation
* are in any way in breach of the Change the View Official Rules.
- Don't use music that is copyrighted and that you don't have permission to use or your video will be disqualified. If you are not using an original piece of music (created by you or a friend), then the song must be in what is called the ‘public domain’. Covering an already existing song, changing the lyrics to a popular song (while still using the melody) are examples of copyright infringement (even if you cite/credit the artist at the end of your video). We do not want to disqualify videos! To find music that is in the public domain, and therefore usable, please see the following options:
- Look for “royalty free music” on an internet search engine (e.g., Google)
- Look for music in the public domain on these types of websites:
- The person submitting a video must read and agree to the Change the View Official Rules.
- Judging: A panel of judges selected by CMHO (the “Contest Judges”) will review all eligible submissions received before the Contest Closing Date and will choose the winning submissions based on originality, creativity, relevance of the message, impact and how ‘inspirational’ the video is. The decisions of the Contest Judges are final and binding on all entrants. The chances of being selected as the winner depends on the number and calibre of eligible submissions received.
- All submissions become the property of the "Change the View" campaign.
- There are three (3) cash prizes available to be won: first place video $3000 (CAD); second place video $2000 (CAD); third place video $1000 (CAD). If the Prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded to the minor’s parent or guardian.
Deadline - All submissions must be received by Friday, April 7, 2017 at 5:00pm ET.